IAPA's extensive coverage, with independent member firms all over the globe, ensures that clients can access a full range of professional services and advice - whatever their needs and wherever they're based.
Through membership of IAPA, practitioners are able to draw on a vast number of professionals from our member firms who are able to provide advice on, and assistance with, all issues that arise when businesses move staff abroad.
These members comprise local experts in some 65 countries, and are able to offer a competitive alternative to employing large global accounting firms.
In today's global market, many organisations need a flexible, mobile workforce that can be deployed all over the world; however, the complexities of sending employees to work in overseas countries can be enormous, and expert advice is essential if organisations are to embark successfully on these projects. Services include:
- Tax planning and compliance / Dealing with local tax authority inquiries
- Expatriate administration / Immigration services
- Relocation and orientation assistance / Global programme co-ordination
- Outsourcing / HR compliance / Remuneration and benefits
- Legal services
Click below for further details on other principal services and specialisms our members provide:
The production of accurate accounting and financial information is vital for managing financial performance and planning future growth.
Our members provide a wide range of accounting services tailored to suit each individual client, helping clients achieve efficient management of their financial function. By working closely with clients, our members help them develop sound financial control processes, provide constructive solutions to problems and assess/develop strategies for improving profitability.
- Development of accounting and reporting systems
- Preparation of management accounts and consolidation information
- Provision of payroll and treasury functions
- Advice on information technology systems and software
- Supporting group auditors in the provision of local accounting and tax assistance
- Full outsourced accounting function
In today's fast-paced global business environment, many organisations need assurance beyond the traditional remit of audit assurance. IAPA members are well placed to provide a broad range of assurance services and solutions that deal with all areas of financial performance and regulatory requirements.
Our members offer a unique combination of local expertise and insight, backed by a sound understanding of international operations and regulation.
The annual audit is a statutory obligation for many companies. It also provides an opportunity for a thorough, objective review of your business by an independent expert.
Efficient audits depend upon a sound understanding of the individual client's organisation and operation. Each audit assignment is led by an experienced partner who works closely with you to help you realise your ambitions and your business goals.
Our members employ tried and tested methodologies and technologies in the provision of audit services and review procedures periodically to ensure compliance with both local and international standards and guidance.
The decision to start a business is one of the most challenging and potentially rewarding decisions any individual can make.
The early years will present many hurdles and will demand long hours and stamina. Within IAPA's member firms there are experts who have supported clients step by step along the road to building sustainable successful businesses.
Above all, IAPA members aim to provide their start-up clients with realistic and practical advice that will help them make the right decisions from the start. Start-up services include:
- Business structuring
- Arranging finance
- Business and personal tax planning and compliance
- Accounting software support
- Registration with local authorities
Most family businesses originally begin as a single entrepreneurial venture. Over time these organisations develop very specific and unique characteristics and challenges.
IAPA members understand the complexities of running a family business and have the knowledge and experience to be able to tackle the obstacles and build healthy businesses for generations to come. The principle services offered by IAPA members to family businesses are:
- Succession planning
- Equity ownership
- Wealth planning
- Remuneration planning
- Conflict resolution and mediation
Taxation - planning, preparation and consulting
All businesses and individuals need the highest quality taxation advice in order to achieve their financial goals. The IAPA association allows access to taxation specialists all over the world.
Specialists from IAPA member firms understand the dynamics of different taxation systems throughout the world and are able to provide advice on the best local and international taxation planning strategies.
Our members work closely with clients to provide proactive commercial advice that aims to minimise your tax liability and plan the overall business strategy in the most tax efficient way. Whether you require taxation advice on business or personal matters, IAPA's members have the expertise at hand.
- Transfer pricing
- Advice on double taxation treaties
- VAT and indirect taxes
- Expatriate tax planning
- Local income and corporate taxes
- Wealth and capital taxes
Mergers & Acquisitions / Due diligence
IAPA members have M&A/Corporate Finance teams with considerable experience in advising a wide range of companies across a wide range of sectors.
Our members appreciate that different businesses have different needs and end goals and not all routes to success will be the same. Whatever your business and personal ambitions, our members can help you achieve success.
There are numerous reasons why clients seek assistance with mergers and acquisitions: desires to seize new deals and opportunities, in response to competitive pressures, or the need to raise capital or value a business - whatever the reason, IAPA members have the technical expertise and practical experience to help you realise your ambitions.
- Buying and selling companies
- Due diligence investigations
- Management buy-outs and buy-ins (MBOs and MBIs)
- Share valuations
- Raising capital
- Floatations & public listings
- Takeovers and mergers
- Private equity and financing advice
Public Sector Group
IAPA's Public Sector Group is a consortium of 6 firms drawn from our European membership representing Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
It monitors and responds to public sector opportunities and draws on the support and involvement of some 30 other firms within the IAPA association.
Its close associates thereby assure breadth of expertise and experience and geographic coverage in the successful delivery of assignments in the European Union and neighbouring states. The Group provides the following services which are relevant to public sector organisations and projects financed by institutional and government funds:
- External audit of financial statements for public sector institutions, missions and projects in accordance with International Auditing Standards. Systems and Internal Control evaluation for projects and agencies charged with responsibility for allocating and managing project expenditure
- Grant verification and certification, and testing the regularity and propriety of donee organisations' systems, controls and accounting
- Administration, bookkeeping and accounting services for projects and grant programmes financed by public funds. We add value to the core service offerings through building an open and collaborative relationship with our clients and their key representatives. We will communicate in clear and unequivocal terms and provide practical suggestions and recommendations as a result of the work we undertake
- In addition to the work of the PSG, many of IAPA's member firms provide assurance and consulting services independently or on a joint basis with colleagues in other countries
Other specialist areas and Industry Sectors
Other services of an IAPA member firm, across an extensive range of industry sectors, include:
- Corporate Recovery / Insolvency
- Business Valuation
- Forensic Accounting and Litigation support
- Estate planning and Wealth management
- Business and strategic planning
- Employee benefits / Retirement planning
- Information Technology and Systems consulting
- Operational review and analysis
Industry sectors include, but not confined to:
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing & Hunting
- Arts, Culture, Entertainment & Recreation
- Auto Dealerships
- Educational Services
- Family Business Consulting
- Finance and Insurance
- Government/Public Sector
- Healthcare and Social Assistance
- Hospitality - hotel and tourism
- Management of companies / enterprises
- Mining, Quarrying / Oil & Gas Extraction
- Scientific and Technical Services
- Public Administration
- Real Estate and Rental & Leasing
- Retail Trade
- Transportation and Warehousing
- Waste Management
- Wealth Management
- Wholesale Trade